The 2022 1oz Silver Maple Leafs are Here! Canada’s Newest Issue in the long-running series
Our Neighbors to the North have done it again! The Canadian Silver Maple Leaf is a 1oz silver coin that was created in 1988 and is issued annually ever since by the government of Canada. This year’s 2022 issue is the 35th in the series and certainly does not disappoint! It is minted by the Royal Canadian Mint, or RCM, and quite simply these coins are a collector's dream. They are often considered to be one of the most popular collector coins ever created and is second only to our very own Silver Eagle series!
The Return of the Maple!
A large part of the popularity surrounding the Silver Maple Leaf series is due to the fact they were the first ever bullion coin to be struck from .9999 fine silver! Combine that with its now iconic design, and you have a piece truly perfect for any coin collection!
The 2022 Silver Maple Leaf’s reverse bears an incredibly detailed image of the iconic Maple Leaf, alongside a special textured maple leaf security privy mark. This special privy mark has been micro-engraved with laser technology that is visible only under magnification. Each coin’s security mark has two digits inside it indicating the coin’s production year. Each micro-engraving is encoded, scanned and recorded at the mint for future authentication giving each coin their unique Bullion DNA. The Obverse of the coin bears the image of Queen Elizabeth II, as is tradition for the Royal Canadian Mint.
- Will come in heat-sealed clear plastic to protect the quality of the coins
- The now iconic Canadian maple with a special numbered Maple Leaf shaped Privy Mark.
- A Radial Sunburst is also added to the background to prevent counterfeiting
- The edges of the coin feature engravings stating the coins denomination, weight, year of issue, and ‘CANADA’
- Reverse: An Effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Denomination Value of ‘5 Dollars’
- Minted from .9999 Fine Silver
- Diameter: 38 mm
- Weight: 1 Troy Ounce
- Country of Issue: Canada – Struck by the Royal Canadian Mint