The Boy Wonder Finally Has his Own Coin: The 2022 'Faces of Gotham' Robin is here!
Last year we saw the new 1oz Silver ‘Faces of the Empire’ Star Wars series from the New Zealand Mint become one of the most popular releases in Disney 1oz Silver history – and that success has led to the creation of a brand-new coin series honoring the iconic faces of Batman’s Gotham!
Robin, the Boy Wonder, is the 2nd coin in the new 'Faces of Gotham' 1oz Silver Series that is also going to have the same incredibly small mintage of just 10,000 coins per design!
Their rarity combined with their iconic and unique look mean these 1oz silver pieces are sure to become some of the most sought-after Batman coins ever made!
The Newest Edition to the D.C. Silver Universe – the 1oz 'Faces of Gotham' Coins
These new 'Faces of Gotham' coins kicked off with the iconic Dark Knight himself, Batman – so it only made sense that the 2nd coin in the series would be his famous sidekick, Robin!
There have been several Robins during Batman’s 5-straight decades of Comic Book and Movie dominance. The original Robin was a young boy by the name of Dick Grayson, the son of a family of acrobats murdered by Gotham city gangsters. Batman investigated the crime, and while doing so had Grayson placed under his custody as a legal ward, with him becoming his sidekick shortly after! Robin’s overall medieval aesthetic was inspired by Robin Hood’s tunic.
Considered one of the most well-known sidekicks in superhero history – Robin has saved the Dark Knight himself on more than a dozen occasions! That combined with his can-do attitude and ability for incredible acrobatic feats have endeared him to fans the world over, making him as synonymous with Batman as the iconic Bat-Signal itself!
Each 'Face of Gotham' coin will have an incredibly small mintage of just 10,000 total coins!
Each coin is a stunning colorized 1oz silver coin shaped exactly like the fan-favorite face of Robin, Batman’s iconic sidekick & Boy Wonder! The reverse of these 2022 'Faces of Gotham' coins displays an image of Queen Elizabeth II and each coin is produced by the New Zealand Mint on behalf of the Island of Niue Way.
Did you know? The other Robin’s Batman has had during the years are: Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, and Batman’s own biological son Damien Wayne!
- Contains 1oz of .999 fine Silver
- Extremely Limited Mintage of just 10,000 per design!
- This is the 2nd coin in the 'Faces of Gotham' Series
- The coin is encapsulated in a custom collectors display pouch
- Obverse: features a detailed recreation of the fan-favorite face of the Boy Wonder himself, Robin! – with each coin shaped the same way he has appeared in the Comics all those years ago!
- Reverse: features Queen Elizabeth II of England in crowned profile, the inscription ELIZABETH II, the date of issue and denomination also appear.
- It is an officially licensed Warner Brothers and DC Comics product
- Guaranteed by New Zealand Mint on behalf of the Island of Niue Way