The Dark Lord Returns: 2017's 1oz Silver Darth Vader
Over the last two years we have seen a momentous return for the Star Wars franchise. The release of the new trilogy's first film, 'The Force Awakens,' and the prequel stand-alone film 'Rouge One' were both met with widespread-critical acclaim! The end of 'Rouge One' gave fans a scene featuring the Dark Lord himself during what has become one of the most iconic moments in the Star Wars Universe: Darth Vader's slow, methodic waltz through the darkened corridors of the Rebel Blockade-Runner "Tantive IV" destroying everyone in his path while only illuminated by the glow of his lightsaber and the rebels futile blaster-shots.
It's scenes like this that have made Darth Vader one of, if not THE, most popular villain in cinematic history! With legions of fans almost as expansive as the millions of Storm-Troopers that serve his Galactic Empire, Darth Vader's merchandise is some of the most sought after pieces released under the Star Wars label! In fact, 2016's Silver 1oz Darth Vader coin was one of the quickest sellouts of the year!
"You've Done Well, Lord Vader. And now I sense you wish to continue your..." Collection!
Earlier this year, we saw Disney release their first ever silver bullion coin, the 1oz " Steamboat Willie" honoring their most iconic character's first appearance: Mickey Mouse. These new bullion pieces have become so popular, that Disney decided that they owe it to their fans to also place their SECOND most-famous character on the next piece in their bullion-lineup...the result is the stunning 2017 1oz Darth Vader in uncirculated condition!
The design of this coin features a right-facing portrait of the Dark Lord of the Sith with the now iconic Empire symbol etched in the background. The reverse of this Star Wars coin displays an image of Queen Elizabeth II and was produced by the Perth Mint on behalf of the Island of Niue. The Perth Mint is the only mint to ever strike official licensed Star Wars coins, and they have placed a strict mintage limit of 250,000 on this year's 1oz silver Darth Vader. Each Silver Dark Lord will be struck from .999 fine silver and arrive encapsulated and in a custom display pouch.
- Contains 1oz of .999 fine Silver
- Extremely Limited Mintage of just 250,000!
- The coin is encapsulated in a custom collectors display pouch
- Obverse: a right-facing portrait of the Dark Lord of the Sith with the now iconic Empire symbol etched in the background. The coin also has the inscriptions " 1oz" "999 fine silver" "Lucasfilm Ltd." And the New Zealand Mint mint-mark
- Reverse: features Queen Elizabeth II of England in crowned profile, the inscription ELIZABETH II, the date of issue and denomination also appear.
- It is an officially licensed Disney and Star Wars product
- Guaranteed by New Zealand Mint, through the Perth mint, on behalf of the Island of Niue